Early Harvest Programme basically consists of those projects which are to be implemented within short timeline. The projects under the Early Harvest Programme are as follows:
A mass messaging application has been developed by MeitY that will cover elected representatives and all Government employees. Over 1.36 crore mobiles and 22 lakh emails are part of the database. The portal was released on 15th August 2014. Data collection and data sanitization are ongoing processes.
A basket of e-Greeting templates have been made available. Crowd sourcing of e-Greetings through the MyGov platform has been ensured. Crowd sourcing has also been used to create designs for Independence Day, Teachers’ Day and Gandhi Jayanti greetings. E-Greetings portal has been made live on 14th August 2014.
All universities on the National Knowledge Network (NKN) shall be covered under this scheme. Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD) is the nodal ministry for implementing this scheme.
- This would facilitate real time information gathering and sharing on the lost and found children and would go a long way to check crime and improve timely response. The portal is being redesigned with the following features:
- Enhance citizen participation through mobile apps
- Mobile / SMS alert system for police (Child Welfare Officer)
- Better navigation plan for citizens
- Facility to integrate child services
- Using social media to popularize the system / web portal
- MeitY and Department of Women and Child Development (DoWCD) are the nodal departments for this project.