“CSC 2.0: A Way Forward” (under Digital India Programme)
CSC 2.0 - Aims to cover 2.5 Lakhs of Gram Panchayats for maximizing delivery of e-Services to the citizens.
- It aims for establishing self sustaining network of 2.5 lakh CSC centres at Gram Panchayat (GP) level under Digital India- Pillar 3-Public Internet Access Programme – National Rural Internet Mission and deliver various citizen centric services.
Implementing Agency : CSC e-Governance Services India Ltd (CSC SPV), 6, C.G.O. Complex, New Delhi
- CSC 2.0 model is envisaged as transaction based and service delivery based model, delivering a large bouquet of e-services through a single delivery platform, which would increase the sustainability of the CSCs across the Country.
- Under this Project, it is proposed to strengthen the CSC network by ensuring standardization of service availability and ensuring capacity building of all stakeholders involved.
- The scheme envisages providing manpower resources both to the SDA as well as to DeGS for enabling them to perform the desired role function, such as, assistance, coordination for execution of project till delivery of e-Governance services, monitoring and assessment. Help Desk Support will also be provided by CSC SPV.
- Non-discriminatory access to e-Services to rural citizens by making the CSCs complete service delivery centres, utilizing the backend infrastructure already created in terms of other MMPs.
- Expansion of self sustaining CSC Network till the Gram Panchayat level-2.5 Lakhs CSCs i.e. at least one CSC per Gram Panchayat.
- Empowering District e-Governance Society (DeGS) under District Administration for implementation.
- Creating and strengthening the institutional framework for the rollout and project management, thereby, supporting the State and District administrative machinery and handholding of the VLEs through local language Help Desk support.
- Enablement and consolidation of online services under one technology platform, hence, making the service delivery at CSCs outlets accountable, transparent, efficient and traceable, with a technology-driven relationship between all stakeholders.
- Increasing sustainability of VLEs by sharing maximum commission earned through delivery of e-services and encouraging women as VLEs.
For detailed Implementation Guidelines, kindly refer to the following link: